Commitment: 6 Months
Language: English, Spanish & French
Dates: 29/05/17 to 23/06/17, 12/09/17 to 16/10/17
|Estimated cost: 45€|
|Number of seats: 20||Course Format: Online (with tutor)|
Duration: 50h within 5 weeks
Participants (MSF field staff) will be able to analyze and make decisions when facing a new potential health emergency.
List of Contents
- What is a health emergency?
- What is a Rapid Health Assessment for?
- Planning of a Rapid Health Assessment
- Priorities to Assess in different health emergency contexts
- Implementation of the RHA: Qualitative and quantitative data collection. Sources of information. Contrasting information
- Health indicators
- Analysis of the data
- RHA Report: conclusions and recommendations
The student will have to work individually and cooperatively to solve problems, produce documents, etc. There will be forums, chats and actual documents: video, audio, photos, etc. Tutors will guide and evaluate students’ performance.
How to Enrol*
Who is this course addressed to*
- Main: Field Medical Staff with minimum 2 missions of experience in regular projects or emergencies.
- Secondary: Medical focal points and field coordinators with limited or non- experience in emergencies.