The MSF Security Management Course (MSFSECURITYMGMT) is above all a practical course. It is addressed at MSF staff with functions related to security management, mainly Field Coordinators. Its main aims are to develop participant’s knowledge and skills in MSF security matters.
Some of the questions that will be answered during the course are:
- What is Security Management in general and in MSF?
- Why do we have to design a security plan for our missions?
- How are MSF security policies?
- What is the process that needs to be followed to manage security effectively?
- How can I do a context analysis?
- How can I carry out a risk analysis?
- Which are the risk reduction strategies?
- How can I develop contingency plans?
- How can I design a security plan?
- How can I implement a security plan?
- After this course, each participant or groups of participants will be able to design a security plan and apply it to given contexts.
It is important that you meet most of the conditions described below:
- You have access to a computer with internet connection between 1 and 2 hours a dayduring the duration of the course.
- You are notin an emergency
- You are not planning to go an emergency at least during the first month (50% of the course)
- Your supervisor knowsthat you will need to dedicate to the course between 1 and 2 hours a day.
List of Contents
- Context Analysis
- Risk Analysis
- Risk Reduction Strategies (Acceptance, SOPs)
- Contingency Plans
- Security Plan Design
- Security Plan Implementation
This course has a task or problem based learning approach in which the participants will have to produce certain products related to the design of a security plan. There will also be a case that the participants will have to solve in terms of security management. The course includes self-learning and collaborative activities. There will be tutors in charge of guiding and evaluating students’ performance.
How to Enrol
Send your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is this course addressed to
The course is aimed at MSF personnel with security responsibilities with special emphasis in the Field Coordination Position.