The objective of this course is to provide essential information about the Ebola outbreak and treatment strategies to staff. Its purpose is to ensure that all trained staff have sufficient knowledge of the disease and its transmission routes to work efficiently in a well-designed Ebola Management Center (EMC ). Key topics explored include history and characteristics of the disease, outbreak intervention strategies, infection prevention and control, the importance of psychosocial support, and health promotion initiatives.
List of contents
- Introductory Chapter
- Chapter 1. History of Ebola
- Chapter 2. Characteristics of the Disease
- Chapter 3. Anthropology
- Chapter 4. Mindful Behaviour
- Chapter 5. Outbreak Intervention Strategies
- Chapter 6. Ebola Management Centre (EMC)
- Chapter 7. Infection Prevention and Control (IPC)
- Chapter 8. Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- Chapter 9. The Importance of Psychosocial Support
- Chapter 10. Health Promotion
- Chapter 11. The Cured Patient
This course is a compilation of multimedia presentations which you can easily navigate through.
This eBriefing does not involve a formal evaluation. Quizzes and activities are integrated in each chapter to support learning, comprehension and retention.
How to Enrol
Participants can register by opening an eCampus account.
Who is this course aimed at